Monday, March 17, 2014

Armstrongism Relied on a Gynecologist To Predict Famine in the 1970's



Living Armstrongism has a great little piece up today concerning Armstrong's use of a gynecologist in predicting an unspeakable famine in the US in the mid 1970's.

Living Armstrongism says:
Who on earth listens to a gynecologist to listen to (inaccurate) alarmist assertions that famines will occur in the 1970s and takes them seriously? The leaders of "God's Church" producing the Plain Truth magazine. That's who.

And to think many people think of WCG before Garner Ted Armstrong's initial suspension in 1972 as a glorious utopia of people united under HWA and having far more truth than anyone else on the Earth. And their leaders at the time were foolish enough to publish something like this.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The quote was from a gynecologist named "John Rock". Hmmm...

This is a family publication, so I won't elaborate, but I sure as hell wouldn't ever let my wife be "examined" by any dude with the name ROCK !

One reporters opinion.

Joe Moeller
Cody, WY

Byker Bob said...

And the funny thing is, I and our team addressed and processed the entire run of that issue for delivery to the Post Office, and at that time I never even noticed, let alone questioned this. That speaks to the working condition of all of our minds at that time. Everyone on my crew read those magazines, and nobody commented about it.

BB

old EXPCG hag said...

Seems his mind was always in the gutter. Poor Dorothy. Did she lose out on the Kingdom of God because of dada?? I'd like to wring his neck. Probably what Loma was thinking OR WORSE!

Redfox712 said...

Thanks for mentioning this on your blog, No2HWA.

I was just reading around looking at what WCG's leaders had to say about the Vietnam War and I unexpectedly found this (dreadfully mistaken) report.

So many peoples within the COGs need to see what really happened within pre-1972 WCG and not forget the many flaws within that seemingly united time.

Head Usher said...

At first I thought the "gynecologist" being referred to here was GTA...

Anonymous said...

Joe, you said, "I sure as hell wouldn't ever let my wife be "examined" by any dude with the name ROCK!"

Does this mean you also wouldn't let a pedophile dude with the name ARMSTRONG reach his arm toward your wife's netherparts, or her brain?