Tuesday, March 10, 2015

David Passover Pack: I Almost Died My Freshman Year of College, But I Was Not A Crybaby About It



Ever the martyr, David Passover Pack, thinly compares his near death experience to HWA's "death" which proves God has a bigger purpose for him.   Like HWA who got the church "back on track."  David Passover is restoring the church back as one united family. David Passover also wants you to know he has always been an intellectual giant and that he was training for the Olympics.  He also wants you to know that during this time he had a high fever and almost died.  During that time NO ONE came to his aid and they shipped him off to Orr, Minnesota.  None of his professors stood by his side and offered to give him another shot at his missed classes.  Ever the martyr, David Passover says he decided he was not going to be a "cry-baby about it."

30:00
61: During my sophomore year at Ambassador College – 1968 and 1969 – I produced an extra credit summary paper on all the books written by prophets. Now, lemme just tell you, I almost died during finals week of my freshman year of college and I eventually collapsed and I lost thirty two pounds in eighty four hours while taking all my finals. And I was very close to death; I had my fourth staph infection that took me into the hospital, my parents weren't in the church and took me into the hospital; I collapsed off the plane. And basically I didn't fail all my tests, but I had a ferocious fever; could barely see, and went through finals week. None of my professors ever came and said to me – this leads to something – ever said, "Can we do anything for you?" The whole church knew that I was no longer training for the Olympics; faculty all understood I'd almost died, they sent me up to camp in Minnesota in the summer of '68, so we'll have him teach swimming at camp; I just looked like somebody who'd escaped Buchenwald. And I recovered, but I decided, well, nobody's offered to help me on my grades; none of my professors gave me another shot; I said I'm not gonna cry-baby about it, I'm gonna do something about it. So I didn't go in and ask any of them, but I had to dig out of a terrific hole; Cs, Ds and even an F in one class. So I decided I'm going to get up at five o'clock every single day for a year and research all of the prophets, type them up and type this long special report to help me recover my grades, because of having almost died during finals week of my freshman year.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're not a crybaby, why are you whining about it now?

Boohoo.

If anything, the fact you didn't die is evidence that there is no prescient god. If there was, wouldn't he have spared all these decent folks who have suffered under your abuse for so many years? What did they ever do to deserve you?

Anonymous said...

Pack alleges to have "lost thirty two pounds in eighty four hours."

Doesn't that seem a bit exaggerated?

Sweetblood777 said...

That was probably the only time that he had a clean colon.

Anonymous said...

It was a warning from God not to become a minister, but the warning went right over his head.

Byker Bob said...

This reflects one of the garbage areas of Armstrongist theology and management style. Given the circumstances, fairness probably couldn't even enter the equation.

In a secular institute of higher learning, or in Christian ones where doctors are permitted, a student would not be expected to take exams in the middle of a deathly illness. In a way, this is a case where Dave may qualify for a pass. I witnessed a number of incidents during that era where illnesses took a back seat to authority. You sucked it up and did whatever you were told, even if you were dying. Yes, Dave knew where the campus infirmary was. But, would a note from the doctor or nurse on duty have gotten him excused from taking his exams, and opened the door for make-up tests? Even though that would have been the compassionate solution, accurately reflecting a student's real knowledge and abilities, I wouldn't bet on it.

The only similarity between his and HWA's near death experiences is the fact that in an extreme test, apparently both men took advantage of the expertise of the medical profession. Dave Pack, as a minor, may or may not have had a choice.

BB

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, 32 pounds in 84 hours. Probably took a huge shit, and yet, strangely, he's still full of it all these years later.

Anonymous said...

My word, does this guy ever shut up? Please stop talking about yourself. Your narcissism is sickening.

Anonymous said...

When was he training for the Olympics? Pack sure likes to stretch the truth if not out lie. From what I gathered he swam competitively in High School. Apparently his basketball experience could have lead a career in the NBA.

Michael said...

So he writes one paper on prophets which obviously makes him the most prolific authority on prophets.

Byker Bob said...

Michael, we can be certain that Dave's paper didn't rival anything that Lester Grabbe produced. The institution itself published some of the most poorly researched and superficial papers, booklets, and articles imagineable, so, one can only imagine the depth of a paper produced by a Sophomore who was very anxious for it not to be rebellious, or offensive in any way.

BB

Chuckles said...

Every time DCP opens his mouth he can't help but try his best to bring himself to be the topic of the day. I fail to understand how some actually believe his nonsense and pay for it as well, I just don't get it, but then again many believed and followed Jimmy Jones, David Koresh and other wackos . DCP's days are numbered and I think he knows it, it will be interesting to see what he has in mind, he has been digging himself a hole for a long time now and because of his failures he keeps digging to get himself out but that hole just keeps getting bigger and bigger, I think it's to big now to climb out of.

Anonymous said...

He got the year wrong about SEP. It was '66 that he was a swimming instructor. I know because I was there, and he ordered my councellor to administer swatts because I ran on the swimming deck. His memory is really slipping!

Anonymous said...

Wearing life-threateningly tight shorts is why he almost died.

According to Dr. Seuss, "The Packster's shrunken penis suddenly grew three sizes smaller."

Poor lil Pack!

Now he flounders with his atrophied wiener, hoping to be a big fish in the small pond of Herbie's atrophied legacy.

Anonymous said...

"I lost thirty two pounds in eighty four hours". He could become very rich selling his successful weight loss formula! Of course, this claim is complete bullshit, just like all of his other claims.

Nemesis of Pack

Anonymous said...

This is a fine example of what Herbert Armstrong created -- and, of course, this isn't the only one.

Anonymous said...

You should create a Pack's blog... It is really starting to become boring, much boring, here...

Sharon said...

I am thankful this site is isolating David Pack's comments and publishing them for the world to see. When he says all of this stuff crammed into a 2 hour sermon each time people miss a lot. Isolated out it is obvious how delusional the man is.

If people don't like reading about Pack then don't! Whiney crybabies!

Anonymous said...

Astonishing that this person has invented himself such an interesting and absolutely unbelievable (literally) life. On this, I have to just say BS to all of Dave's ravings. This was the ambassador college and not a REAL institution of higher learning. Claiming hardship and flopping on the floor with a dramatic flourish and with his hand on his forehead with a sigh and gasping "woe is me" just convinces me ever the more that DCP is just pure BS from start to finish. I had no idea that BS was an olympic event? He would surely be a contender if it were. What a completely self-invented drama queen.

As an aside - Every time I come to this site there is a user viewing from "Akron", which is likely the DCPSquad lurking and reading the posts. Big kisses from me ya scumbags.

Chuckles said...

I have to agree with Sharon, I am thankful this site is saying what it does about DCP, I come here to check what this site does have to say about him, about others as well but I certainly do not find it boring to know the truth about Pack as well as the comments others have on this site. The more we hear about Pack and the things he does and says and the way he treats people, the more easily it becomes to not be deceived into following him. He does have some good things to say and says it very well, but truth and error mixed is still error, and by accepting the truth we also unwittingly are accepting the error that goes along with it. If it wasn't for this site there is a lot about DCP I would have never known otherwise, and it's not boring at all, if it was I have the option of just not reading it.

Anonymous said...

Strange. I was in the same study room as Davey that year (not the same bedroom) & I don't recall this near-death experience, although his egomania was evident, and he made sure everyone knew he was an Olympic-caliber swimmer. Anyone else here recall that year with Passover Dave?